Saturday, August 16, 2008

Harley owners help Sleeping Children

Sleeping Children travelling volunteer, Harry Gauthier, reports:

I bought myself a motorcycle and I have been cruising the country on it. Well, at the beginning of the month I attended the 20th Ontario HOG Rally (Harley Owners Group) in Chatham, Ontario.

On the 1st of August there was a Poker Run and one of the card stops was at a barbecue put on by the Kiwanis Club of Ridgetown. On the banner at the back of the tent was marked “Serving The Children of the World.” Upon reading that I went and asked the gentleman serving hotdogs, hamburgers, etc. where the money was going and he told me to help in the local community and also to Sleeping Children Around the World.

I told him that I was a travelling volunteer and about the trips I had been on. He also told me how his wife gave music lessons and asked a donation for the jar which was to collect funds for SCAW. I was pleased to hear of the support for Sleeping Children Around the World.

I am including a couple pictures. The gentleman’s name is Gary Wake and he is with the Ridgetown Kiwanis Club.

Harry Gauthier