As posted on the Orillia Calendar, May 30, 2013.
Friday, May 31
• The Sleeping Children Around The World Annual garage sale, with bake table is on May 31, from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. and on June 1, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sale is at 1917 Ridley Blvd., Bass Lake Woodlands. Rain date is June 8.
• St. Mark’s Presbyterian Church presents a roast beef dinner on May 31, at 6 p.m. Tickets are $14. Call Alma at 705-327-2725 to reserve tickets. St. Mark’s is located at 429 Jamieson Dr.
• The Orillia ANAF presents the Fig Leaf Quartet on May 31, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. All welcome. Admission for non-members and guests is $2.
• A Spring Rummage Sale will be held in the Guardian Angel’s church hall on Friday May 31, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• The Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Nurse Alumni reunion dinner is on May 31 at the Mariposa Inn. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and tickets are $35 (they must be ordered in advance). Call Pat at 326-3916.
• The Guardian Angels Spring Rummage Sale is on May 31, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• The Moose Lodge hosts a fish and chips dinner on May 31 at 6 p.m. There are also meat draws. The lodge is at 6 Kitchener St.
Saturday, June 1
• Anyone interested in trying lawn bowling is invited to attend a Lawnbowls open house on June 1, at 2 p.m., at 5 Commerce Rd. Instructors will be on hand.
• The Mariposa Grandmothers host a plant and garage sale on June 1, at 432 Mooney Cres. The event runs 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and proceeds help women in Africa who have lost their children to AIDS and are raising their grandchildren.
• A free lunch is offered June 1 at Free Methodist Church on the Hill. The event runs 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and all are welcome.
• The Orillia Lions Club Spring Classic Golf Tournament is on June 1 at the Couchiching Golf and Country Club. Tickets are $70, which includes golf, dinner and prizes. For details, call Bill Belfour at 326-0931.
• The Orillia Wind Ensemble hosts its Sounds of Summer concert on June 1, at 7:30 p.m., at St. Paul’s United Church. Tickets are $20 adults, $17 seniors and students are $5. Purchase them at the Orillia Opera House box office or at the door.
• Davenport Subaru is the site of a ‘Teddy Bear Hospital’ event on June 1, from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. “Bring that special friend to get their blood pressure and heart rate checked. We will also have our doctor and nurse do stitches and eye surgery, what ever needs done,” organizers said. There is also a CRA rally scavenger hunt event, starting at 9 a.m. All donations go to the Teddy Bears of Hope Foundation.
Sunday, June 2
• The Orillia Youth Symphony Orchestra’s spring concert is on June 2, at 7 p.m. Admission is by donation. The show is at St. Paul’s United Church.
• Tex and Friends provide the music at a jamboree at Warminster Legion on June 2. Event is from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. and admission is $6.
• North Country Baptist Church hosts its 14th anniversary on June 2, at 11 a.m. There will be music and lunch. The church is at 4011 Burnside Line.
• The Coldwater United Church Choirs’ spring concert is ‘Broadway and Beyond’ on June 2. Tickets are $10 adults, $4 children and $20 for families. They will be available at the door.
Tuesday, June 4
• The next Ladies Coffee Hour at Hillside Bible Chapel is on June 4 at 10 a.m. Lunch and childcare available. Last session until September.
Thursday, June 6
• The Lagoon City Follies take the stage at Beaverton Town Hall on June 6-8. Tickets are $15. The show is part of a range of events planned throughout June in honour of the 50th anniversary of Lagoon City.
• The Orillia Stroke Survivor and Caregiver Support Group meets the first Thursday of the month, from 10 a.m. to noon, at Helping Hands (210 Memorial Ave.). For information, call Louise at 326-2553.
Saturday, June 8
• The annual garage/plant and bake sale at Eady Community Hall is on June 8, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Refreshments will be available. A garage sale only will be held June 15 (same hours). Eady Hall is on Eady Station Road, between Oro-Medonte’s 10-11 Concessions.
• A spaghetti dinner will be held at Free Methodist Church on the Hill on June 8, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tickets are $5 ages 11 to adult, $3 for ages five to 10. Under age 4 admitted free. To order tickets, call 325-8762.
• A dance will be held June 8, at the Longford Community Centre. Music by Country Memories. The event is from 8 p.m.-midnight. Admission is $5.
• The Brechin-Mara Legion, hosts a dance on June 8, featuring the ‘Newfie Chicks’. Tickets are $10 per person and are available at the Legion. Doors open at 8 p.m. Call 705-484-5393 for details.
• A concert at Heritage United Church on June 8 features Fern Glen and Fiddle Heads. Tickets are $12.50. Call Harry at 689-1700.
• Held in support of Camp Couchiching, the Orillia Vocal Ensemble’s We Sing concert is on June 8 at St. Paul’s United Church. Admission is by donation and show starts at 7:30 p.m.
• The Butterfly Luncheon and Bake Sale at St. David’s Anglican-Lutheran Church is on June 8, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lunch is $6.