Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Kettleby Herb Farms helps Sleeping Children

Sue Britnell of Kettleby Herb Farms writes about giving in her November, 2008 newsletter under the heading To Give or Not to Give? .... that is the question.
"These times are certainly challenging and this has stirred a desire in me to give something back. I am thankful for my lifestyle, my health, my children’s independence and freedom to live their lives as they choose. I feel quite fortunate, I have a job/lifestyle that I love, family I can count on, great friends and I still have my sense of humour. Maybe we need to be shaken up once in awhile to appreciate what we do have and perhaps, consider what we have to give others."

"So, I have spent this past while investigating charitable possibilities. This is not to say that I have not been charitable in the past, like most, I have donated to an assortment of charities in varied ways both personally and through Kettleby Herb Farms. …United Way, Red Cross, Salvation Army, National Institute for the Blind, Community Garden Programs, etc., but in these cases I have not initiated the donation, I have only responded to a request. This is something different to me…No, I am not in a position to write a big cheque…..I want to find something to which I can give a meaningful contribution in terms of time and commitment."


You can read the rest of her article on her website ... what she's come up with will help Sleeping Children Around the World buy bedkits:

From now until Christmas our new ‘Fab Four’ gift pack (pictured at right) (the perfect gift for the all the ‘cooks’ on your list!) will be specially priced at $35.00 (regularly $38.00)-see already a deal! To entice you even more, I will also waive our standard $4.00 handling fee on all orders that include this gift pack ….And finally to ‘close’ the deal… I will donate $5.00 from each sale of this gift pack to the ‘Sleeping Children Around the World’ Charity."


Click on the photo to get all the details.

Thanks Sue, and all your online customers.